Yes, indeed. And totally worth it. It was in Vienna again, though on a different location. It was held by Marco (again) / JG35. We used the new developed films from The-Impossible-Project, again. It was awesome, again.
Little changes? Well, first and foremost, this time this article is written in english. (You should have noticed by now) Also, we sized down from 8×10″ to our old, beloved and known SX-70 and Polaroid 600* series. And well prepared we started into the workshop.
I have to admit that Macro has a gift to communicate his knowledge and you feel that he has fun in what he is doing. From the first moment you get well dragged along and fall in line with his enthusiasm.
For all who reached this article, I will not go into depth about polaroid cameras as you will most likely already know more about them than I do. Furthermore, I think Marco got it all covered.
So, what is left before we can go into the process of lift-offs and do cool stuff?
Oh, right, actually taking some pictures!
After some time we were through with all the films and evaluated the outcome.
Finally we were itching to test the methods shown by Marco.
As hard as it looked some months ago with the 8×10″ film. I have to admit that it actually is not that hard. Given that we had someone to show us the process first and keep a steady eye on use during our experiments.
Looks easy, is easy … after you have done it a couple of times! It is doable and for sure it is a heck of fun! Try it, grab your Polaroid, get some film, cut it open and rinse it in warm water, then float it onto paper/glas/wood/… really … anything, you name it, you try it!
Marco for making this happen and guiding us through,
Brick-5 for a wonderful location for this workshop and for our exhibition,
The-Impossible-Project for reinvented the polaroid films and supplying us with them,
and well, us, the JG35 for making this workshop.
More photos us having fun and from the final results are shown here: